About Me

My photo
My name Troy Dunn, I like to engage in things that make you think. I enjoy going to sporting events when I can. I beleive there is a place for everyone to succeed if we guide them and train them while little. More about me. I grew up in a small town between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana. I am the second of three boys. I move to Texas in 1996 looking for a new start. Texas became everything I hoped it would. I re enrolled in College at the University of North Texas where I earned my BA in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a minor in Kines. After a long break I enrolled on-line to Tiffin University in Tiffin Ohio to persue my masters in MBA in Sports Management. I believe with this degree the sky is the limit for me, through the help of God it can.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 20, 2012 I attened the Texas Legends D-Leauge Basketball game. I've been attending games since the team arrived in North Texas. The team is located in Frisco Texas not far from where I live.
Because the leauge depend is just a step down from the NBA and a step up from college they don't get much attention, but for the price the game is worth it. There is also a local talent Booker Woodfox who plays for the legends which is always nice to see him play. You can also see players who was once on a NBA team who are now playing at the level. I don't but you, but I would like to ask those players why do the go play in the D-Leauge or low profile leauges. Let me share what I think. I think some players find it hard to find a job doing anything else and wants to continue to play even if the money is not close to what they have been making in the NBA or the Europe leauge. The game was full of fun activities for the kids but I think it takes away from the game. There is a lot to learn at these games and more needs to be done to promote it. I think the NBA don't want that much attention on the D-Leauge for it would take away from there revenue. The Legends defeated their opponet by 30 points led by future Mavricks player Dominique Jones and Sean Williams. Also on the team is Antoino Daniels. So go out and support you local Semi Pro team its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment