About Me

My photo
My name Troy Dunn, I like to engage in things that make you think. I enjoy going to sporting events when I can. I beleive there is a place for everyone to succeed if we guide them and train them while little. More about me. I grew up in a small town between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana. I am the second of three boys. I move to Texas in 1996 looking for a new start. Texas became everything I hoped it would. I re enrolled in College at the University of North Texas where I earned my BA in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a minor in Kines. After a long break I enrolled on-line to Tiffin University in Tiffin Ohio to persue my masters in MBA in Sports Management. I believe with this degree the sky is the limit for me, through the help of God it can.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Drugs in College Sports

The news just came out about 4 TCU football players arrested for selling drugs. When will this end? When we get athletes from questionable communities there should be some questions in the back of every coach, is this kid involved in extra activities. Make no mistake about it most do. Don't give me this sad story that they should get paid. For the most part they do, they are giving a 4 year room and board to play sports and get and education. But to sell drugs to someone elses child is a bit much. Words to coaches if your getting a athlete from an area thats looks like, smell like, and feel like there is drugs then 5 out of 10 that athlete is involved. So coaches before you bring that kid into your house (progam) you might want to hire a private invesetagator to find out more about that student.
TCU Drug Bust

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities arrested 17 students in a sweeping drug sting at Texas Christian University on Wednesday, a bust that included four members of the Horned Frogs football team accused of selling marijuana to undercover officers during the season and as recently as a few weeks ago.
Police said the 17 people who were arrested were caught making "hand-to-hand" sales of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy and prescription drugs to undercover officers. They said the bust followed a six-month investigation prompted by complaints from students, parents and others.
The arrests stunned the campus community, coming just one day after a thrilling overtime victory by the men's basketball team and less than 24 hours after TCU released its football schedule for next season, its first in the Big 12 Conference. TCU has an enrollment of about 9,500 students, but the involvement of the athletes drew the most scrutiny.
"There are days people want to be a head football coach, but today is not one of those days," coach Gary Patterson said. "As I heard the news this morning, I was first shocked, then hurt and now I'm mad."
This is a prime example of what we learned about crisis. Every coach should always be prepared for anything these days. Student are coming from the worse parenting back ground having no limits and allowed to do just about anything they want. I can say that because I work with students that is heading in the same direction. When 12 -15 year old students have Probation Officers is a tall tale sign something going on at the home and deffiantly not parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment